Which Downlight to Choose
Here are some tips to help choosing an LED downlight
1. It should fit the existing cut out hole
2. Be rated IC or IC-F
3. Have a Document of Compliance if required
3. Be from a well established company with a good reputation that can be relied on to honour any guarantee.
4. Buy the best you can afford. Santa is not selling LED lighting so cheap means that costs have been cut. It is possible to buy $US3.00 downlights in China aimed for the low end of their domestic market.
5. Warm White or 3000K is most popular in the home.
6. Beam angles between 40 and 90 degrees minimise light pools and glare
7. Use 600 to 700 Lumens to replace a 50 Watt halogen, or 800 to 1000 Lumens to replace a 100 Watt downlight.
8.Most colour rendering is 80 but a higher number is better.