NZ Lighting Systems Ltd
The company started in 2006 as a trade oriented supplier from an office /showroom in Albany but the the website business has grown to supply businesses, home owners, charitable trusts both in New Zealand and overseas. In 2014 we decided to close the showroom and concentrate on our website sales as this enables us to offer lower prices to a wider market.
Auckland customers can view products at the Superlux and Eurotech specifier's showrooms by contacting us for details.
Frequently Asked Questions
1.1 Are my credit card details safe?
Yes, the transaction is made by the ANZ Bank on their secure E-Gate site.
The cards are authorised and debited in a SSL secure environment.
1.2 What credit cards may be used?
1.3 If we issue an invoice for direct credit, it becomes due as soon as the items are received and we expect prompt payment. Our prices are based on cash sales and very few people let us down.
2.1 All items are guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months, but many items exceed this.
2.2 How do I claim under Warranty?
Contact us with the problem. We will send a replacement fitting or part at no cost. Sometimes the supplier will want to inspect the defective item to see what went wrong.
3.1 What are the delivery charges?
Within New Zealand delivery is free.
Overseas orders have a freight charge applied at the shopping cart and this is the total cost to deliver to your address but it does not include customs or tax charges outside NZ if they apply.
3.2 How is it delivered?
Deliveries are made by several courier companies and this is overnight within the North Island and takes two working days to the South Island. Rural Delivery may take another day.
If the parcel does not arrive within four days contact us so that we can find out what has gone wrong.
Overseas for small packages we use NZ Post International Economy Courier which takes three to six working days. For larger shipments we use the best option available at that time.
3.3 Goods damaged in transit what should I do?
If the box rattles, open it while the courier is present and sign for the item as damaged. Then let us know and we will get a replacement to you.
Check the cartons as soon as possible
, if the carton is left unopened and a damage claim is made weeks later our insurance will not accept the claim.
3. 4 We deliver overseas direct to door. The cost is calculated on the website and for small orders this gives a good result. However for larger orders please email us for a quote as it will result in a better price for you.
If any item is not required it can be returned for a full refund within 14 days. The item must not have been installed or damaged, and it must be in its original packaging.
Contact email@example.com as soon as possible so that we can send you paperwork to include with the item so that it can be identified and credited to you.
NZ Lighting Systems Ltd complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- [to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.]
Disclosing your personal information
- To any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable, we will make the correction
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.